Halite is an artificial intelligence challenge that players from all around the world can compete in. In this particular game, the goal was to capture tiles on a grid and destroy the enemy colors. You can read more about Halite here, more about this game here and view my profile here.
The tile size is the strength and the background color intensity is the production value.
My approach was a “grid of influence” that would calculate how desirable each tile was for any given tile I owned. The lower the value the more desirable. The most important points of consideration were:
- Is the tile owned by someone?
- What is the strength of the tile?
- What is the production value of the tile?
- How far away is the tile from my current tile?
- What is the difference in strength between me and an enemy?
- Are there any vulnerable spots in the opponents defense?